Skip to main content

Jesus Is The Way


     We can not earn salvation. We can not buy it, sell, or work for it. It is very impossible. You can obey the ten commandments, and be as good as you can be, but it can not get you into heaven. If we could lose salvation, that means Christ died in vain and would have to die over and over again.

     The only way we can obtain salvation is through Jesus and him only.

     "And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth"
Genesis 11:1-9

    Ever since the beginning of time, people have tried to earn salvation their own way. In Genesis 11, Noah and his family were to scatter to populate the earth, but they defied God. They decided to build a tower to Heaven. This was very ignorant and disobedient of them. They believed they could outsmart God.
     No one can outsmart God. God knows all things including our hearts. We all will be judged on judgment day, but Noah's family believed they could skip judgment by making their own ways to heaven.

"And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.
 And, behold, the Lord stood above it, and said, I am the Lord God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;"
Genesis 28:12-13

     We all know the story of Jacob and Esau, Isaac and Rebekah's twin sons. The couple made a mistake by choosing favorites. Rebekah loved Jacob and Isaac loved Esau. This brought jealousy and tension into the family. Isaac would give Esau the blessing, but Rebekah desired for Jacob to have it, so she tricked her husband into giving it to him. 
     Also, Jacob tricked Esau into giving him his birthright in exchange for a bowl of soup. This angered Esau and he desired to kill his brother. Jacob left for his mother's brother, Laban,'s home for safety. On the journey, Jacob dreamed a dream of a ladder (Genesis 28) defending from heaven, 
     The ladder is not just a ladder. It is a symbol of Jesus. HE IS OUR LADDER! Jesus is the median from heaven to earth! In John 14:6, Jesus says, 

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: 
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

The only way to heaven is ONLY through Jesus Christ himself. Not by works. 

"Not of works lest any man should boast."
Ephesians 2:9

     There is no way possible we can earn salvation through works. We are dirty rotten sinners. Our righteousness is as filth rags as it says in Isaiah 64:6. Filthy rags are what were used to clean leapers back in the day. This was the perfect analogy during bible times. None of us are righteous. None of us are perfect. 

"There are none righteous, no not one."
Romans 3:10

     I am so thankful Christ did not die in vain. He died for me! Everyone! He could have called 10,000 angels to rescue him on the cross, but he did not! He loves us so much! I am so thankful to serve a master like him. I can never lose my salvation either. If I turn away from God (God forbid), I will not lose my salvation. He offers redemption. We are all sinners but Jesus paid the price!

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."
John 10:28-29

      I can not thank him enough for all that he has done for me! I will ever serve him! I can not wait until I meet him on high!

Closing

     Sorry that this post is shorter than normal. I just wanted to write something short and sweet to the point. I missed ya'll so much this past month! Thank you for being supportive to my break. I was very nervous about taking off. I was so busy lately that I forgot about blogging, lol. Since I have more time this week I will try to catch back up. Love ya'll and I am so thankful for you! You are forever in my prayers. 

Your Sister In Christ,
Kayla R. <3



     

Comments

  1. Hello Kayla. I am a Pastor from Mumbai India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I did want to contact you on your contact from but found out to be your instagram page. I did write my message for you and hope you will be able to visit your instagram page and find my message and would deeply appreciate if you respond to me via email because I hardly use other social medias to get connected with the people of God but email is the main way I remain in contact with my friends and prayer partners.
    Your above post is so apt presenting Jesus the only way. I hope there will be many readers to your blog post. Praying for you as you seek God's direction in your life and serve Him with the talents He has given to you. Pastor Diwakar Wankhede from Mumbai India. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmal(dot)com I am following you on instagram. Blessings on you from above.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Follow Here

Most Popular

How to Start a Prayer Journal

My Prayer For My Senior Year

Translate