Skip to main content

10 Things I Have Been Doing During The Quarantine

     Hey guys! I absolutely hate being quarantined all day. I get bored so easily. Since I have been quarantined for almost three weeks, I have gotten soooooo many things done around the house, and I have been getting creative with crafts I have found on Pinterest. In this week's blog, I will be sharing what I have been doing during the quarantine. I hope this will be very helpful by giving you ideas of what you can do. 
1. Bible Time
     I have had so much time on my hands, so there are not any excuses for me not to spend time with God. I have been studying my Sunday school lesson, but due to the quarantine, we have not received the new one for this quarter at this moment. I decided to start studying Romans yesterday, and it has been a blast! There is so much truth in Romans. It is so hard not to highlight the whole book! 
2. Cooking
     I have not had much time to cook lately, but I have learned to enjoy it so much! My mom has allowed my sister and me to take turns cooking a meal every night. It has been such a blast! I will put some of the things I have cooked lately below. : )

Chicken Parmesan
This recipe is very easy. For more flavor, I added tomato sauce on top and put the chicken over angel hair pasta : D


Navajo Tacos
This recipe kinda started out difficult but was very fun. This is a southwestern dish that I found in a cookbook. It is fried bread (It kinda tastes like a funnel cake without the sugar) topped with taco seasoned meat, lettuce, queso cheese, guacamole, and sour creme. 

Taco Pasta
This dish seemed very interesting but was sooooo good. It was kinda like hamburger helper in a way. The sour cream added to the top was the absolute best!
 3. Poster Making
     I have not been able to be very artistic because I never had time to work with art. I decided to decorate my room again since I had nothing else to do. I made tons of posters. The one able is my most favorite. It took the longest, but it was the most fun. I will upload more later. : )

4. Sewing
    I have always loved to sew. My mawmaw and my mom gave me the passion. Sadly, my mawmaw passed away when I was five. I went to clean my pawpaws house two weeks ago, and I found her old clothes. What really caught my attention was the cutest plaid skirt. If you know me very well, you know I love everything plaid.
     However, the skirt was way too big and long on me. My mom and I took it apart and used the fabric to make a new skirt that could fit me. I love that skirt soooo much. I love it because it is my mawmaw's and when I wear it, I am reminded of her. She was such a godly example of how a woman should be.
My mawmaw's plaid skirt

5. Gardening

     My family has always had a garden. Even from generation to generation. We have always had a garden in the same place ever since I can remember. This year because of the coronavirus outbreak, we have expanded our garden. We planted peas, kale, tomatoes, carrots, corn, broccoli, bell peppers, squash, zucchini, and so much more. I also planted a small flower garden.
My sister and I planting tomatoes
6. Cleaning My Makeup Brushes
     I have not been able to clean my makeup brushes in so long. It felt so good to do my makeup for church with a clean brush. : D
7. Exercising
     I am so happy to get back in shape these past few weeks.
8. Practicing my Piano and Guitar
     I have been downloading more music to play and also teaching my brother how to play the guitar.
9. Reading 
Historical Christian Fiction is my favorite. 

     I have been so busy with school that I have not read in a while. I was happy to continue the books of my favorite authors: Karen Kingsbury, Karen Witemeyer, Tracie Peterson, and Janette Oke.

10. Watching My Favorite Shows
     Even though I have been productive, I have also been lazy as well. I have watched so many shows these past few weeks. I will list them below.
This show is awesome! It is so positive and is clean. There are 7 seasons so far. Of course, now the seasons are kinda cheesy, but seasons 1-3 are the best. This show is based on the books of my favorite author, Janette Oke

This is a brand new show that just premiered. I am currently watching the first season right now. I love it so much because it has mystery, suspense, mounties, and cowboys.

This is my most favorite show of all time. It's so cute and funny. It never gets old.

This reality show is pretty funny. I love their Christian values, and how they manage their lives

I believe this is the funniest show of all time. It is very old, but the black and white makes it the best. Barney and Gomer are the best. :D

This show was very popular during the 70s and 80s. It is so good! My friend and I absolutely love this show.

Closing

Well, this is what I have been doing. I hope this will entertain you, and give you ideas of what to do. 

Sincerely, 
Kayla R. <3

Comments

  1. This is the best!!! The waltons is sooooo good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woaahhhh what an inspiration!! also beautiful inside and out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Follow Here

Most Popular

How to Start a Prayer Journal

My Prayer For My Senior Year

Translate