Skip to main content

God Shows Us Undeserving Grace



     I often feel discouraged and worried about what’s going on in the word.  Sometimes I feel so alone in this world because of my faith and what others think of me.  The world is messed up.  Our generation takes God out of everything. Even at school!  All over the country religion is being banned in public places.  Where is our freedom of speech and press of the First Amendment?  
     Why?  Doesn’t it say in the Declaration of Independence that we’re free to worship as we please?  Do we not say in the pledge "One nation under God"?  Doesn't our coins say, “In God we trust”?  I seriously do not get it!  Everyone is offended if we say one thing about God.  How?  The truth offends people?  That’s horrible! 
     They make fun of the name Jesus everywhere we go.  I had a speech class last year and that was all they did after I told everyone about my Christian faith.  Awful!
I get so discouraged.   A year ago, I began reading the Bible from Genesis.  I stumbled upon Genesis 6 again.  Before my daily Bible readings, I say a quick prayer that God will show me something that will help me, and allow me to meditate upon.  It was an answer to prayer that I found!
     We’ve all at least heard of Noah and the great flood.  I never thought of it the way I am about to talk about it.  Noah was going through the same this we’re going through today.  The world is the same as it was then.  Everyone had turned away from God. I t was violent and evil as it is today.  Because Noah was a just man, (meaning he was faithful to God and knowing right from wrong), God told Noah he was going to save him and his family.
 It was all because he was faithful to God when others turned from him.  Would he do the same for you?  God is merciful, and we do not even deserve any of it.  He’s not going to flood the earth again even though we deserve the worst.  We deserve not to be saved and to be destroyed.  God is a merciful loving God who gives us grace!  He made a promise that if we trust him and ask for forgiveness we will have eternity. 
     This salvation is grace!  One day he will destroy the earth and we will be promised peace.  No more sorrow and pain.  I can’t wait for that day! We have hope! I hope this is a blessing to you as it was for me!
Sincerely, 
Kayla R. <3


Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
 The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
 He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.
 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
 For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
 The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
 Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
 Bless ye the Lord, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

 Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul.
Psalm 103:1-22

Comments

Follow Here

Most Popular

How to Start a Prayer Journal

My Prayer For My Senior Year

Translate