Skip to main content

Serving the Lord Despite the Circumstances


      I have been having this thought on my heart lately.  Yesterday, my church threw a birthday party for an elderly couple at my church.  The lady turned ninety years old, and had never had a birthday party!  It was such a shocker!  Seeing her face just warmed my heart.  I could not imagine how much it meant to her.  It was such a blessing!
     I miss them so much.  They are not able to attend church anymore because of their health.  It was very hard for them to get around.  It broke my heart seeing the lady cry because she was unable to go to church.  We hugged her and told her how much we loved her, and were praying for her.
     The man could barely move around, but he played the piano beautifully.  I will admit I did cry a bit.  These people are such an inspiration to me.  Despite their feeble condition, they still choose to serve the Lord.  I want to be that way.  I had a thought after that.  If I am so young and healthy and I choose not to study my bible and worship the Lord, I have no excuse not to. 
     I want to serve the Lord despite other circumstances.  These past few weeks, my boyfriend and I have been studying 2 Timothy together on our dates.  2 Timothy contains so much, and I am so glad God laid it on our hearts to study.  We read chapter 2 last night, and a few verses stood out to me.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:14

     We need to serve the Lord despite all circumstances and consequences.  We are not to be ashamed.  We are to labor in the Lord's work.  Not to obtain salvation, but to win lost sinners to Christ.  2 Timothy 2: 24-26 also talks about that. 

 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
     We need to witness to others.  We are to control our actions and show love toward one another.  This is what I have felt lead to share.
Sincerely,
Kayla R. <3

Comments

Follow Here

Most Popular

How to Start a Prayer Journal

My Prayer For My Senior Year

Translate