Skip to main content

Who Is Your Authority?


Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
John 13:13


     Is Christ truly your Lord?  In the dictionary, the definition of Lord is, someone or something having power, authority, or influence; a master or ruler.

      Is God is our master, he has complete authority over us.  That means we have to do what he says.  If your boss tells you to do something, what do you do? You do it.  He is your master in that situation. Your authority. You do what he says.  It is the same way with God.  He is our eternal master. We are servants of Christ.  
     Parents have full authority over us as children. We belong to them.  That is why we are to obey them even though it can be hard at times.
Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1 Corinthians 6:19
We are God's.  We need to glorify God in our bodies.  Our body is the temple of the Lord. This body is not ours. We paid a price.  Paul was a servant for Christ. He gave himself to him.

  • Baptism- a commitment to Christ. We live for him. Submitting yourself to the master.
  • Lordship-shows us how much he loves us.
     Being a servant is the easiest job in the world.  Why?  Because a servant doesn't make the decisions.  The master provides and tells what to do.  All the servant does is say "How can I help?" The master says what she/he wants the servant to do and the servant does it.
Is that what Christ can say about you?  Is he your master? Are you a servant of Christ? How do you want to live your life? Do you want to be your own master or be God's servant of Christ? Ask yourself.

     We are given a choice.  The Lord never forces us to do anything.  We make our decisions.  We can choose to ignore God and disobey him, or we can obey him showing our love for him.  Just know God's way is the best way.  Without him, we would fail tremendously.

"And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him. 
And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. "
Matthew 5:8-9
Sincerely,
Kayla R. <3

Comments

Follow Here

Most Popular

How to Start a Prayer Journal

My Prayer For My Senior Year

Translate