Skip to main content

6 Lessons I've Learned During the COVID19 Pandemic

   I know you are getting very tired of posting about COVID 19. It is everything we talk about now. I hope this will be my last post on this subject. I have felt lead to share all the things I have learned during this pandemic. I hope y'all enjoy it! : )

1.) We Are To Walk By Faith

     In 2 Corinthians 5:7, it says,

"Walk by faith, and not by sight."

     This is very true indeed. We are not to worry because God is at hand. We are to put our complete faith and trust in him completely. We have no clue what will happen in the next few months, but God does. He has known all about this since the beginning of time. He knew our faith would be tested.
     We are to put our complete trust in our God who knows the stars and us by name. He is here with us always! We have nothing to fear. 

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness"
Isaiah 41:10

2.) We Have Become Lazy

"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways and be wise."
Proverbs 6:6

     Our generation has become very lazy. Including me very well. I have become super lazy over the years. God has definitely gotten my attention after all of this. I realized I do not spend enough time with him as I should. Now, I am making time.
     I have also learned how to cook and keep the house. I am not ready for housekeeping yet, but I am learning. I have also had time to sew. I have made a jumper, skirt, and an apron. It was so much fun. I am also getting a lot closer to my mom by learning from her.

3.) I Need a Prayer Life

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."
John 15:7


     I must confess something. I have not been praying as I should be. This pandemic has really put me in to check. I need to talk more and spend time with my heavenly father. Lately, I have been taking breaks and just talking to him. It gives me great peace. 
     Many people say, "I do not have the time." We must make time. If you have enough time on your hands to check your phone, you do. We need to spend more time with God.

4.) We Need To Slow Down

    I have a problem sometimes of thinking ahead of time. What will I do tomorrow? What college should I transfer to? What job do I need to take? What is my next post going to be about? 
     We all need to slow down, and I believe this is one of the reasons why God put quarantine in our lives. It is definitely putting me in to check. We need to focus on the present. Stop wishing our life away. We need to soak up every once of the present. Spend more time with your family and friends. Enjoy life! Stop and admire God's beautiful creation.

5.) Church Is Very Important

"Confess your faults to one another and pray for one another..."
James 5:16

     We need the church. I miss the church body so badly. I missed being gathered with the people of God during worshipping. I hate being alone and separated. I realized how important the church body is after all of this. Livestreams are not the same as the church. We need a church body. We have taken the church body for granted. Right now we are no able to come together. Freedom has been tested. 

6.) We Need Eachother 

“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
Hebrews 10:25

“Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.”
Proverbs 27:17

     We often think about ourselves more than we should. We forget there are others out there. During this time, I realized how much I need to pay attention to others like my family, friends, and the elderly. Family is so important. I have been so busy that I have not been able to spend time with them. I was able to after all this happened.
     My mom had an idea a couple weeks back to make cards for the elderly. It was so nice getting feedback about how much it meant to them. I was also able to learn more about them and getting to know them better.

Closing

     I hope you enjoyed this new post, and think about the things you have learned. It is so great to think back on what God has taught you throughout this time. Please be safe during this pandemic and make smart decisions. I love y'all and I am praying for y'all. 

Your Sister In Christ,
Kayla R. <3

Comments

Follow Here

Most Popular

How to Start a Prayer Journal

My Prayer For My Senior Year

Translate