Skip to main content

The Lord is Our Shepherd



“And I’m the one 
the shepherd left the fold for.
 I was out in the cold,
 and all alone.
 But indeed the Savior found me, 
and put his arms around me,
 and I’ll never be the same
 anymore.”

     I have no idea why, but this short song has been on my heart since I woke up this morning. I can’t stop singing and humming it. This song is basically one of the “theme songs” of a music school I go to every summer.

     I learned it in 2018, and it never gets old! It’s such a beautiful song with so much meaning. I began to think back to the day Jesus saved my soul. I was the sheep who was out in the cold alone. I was hopeless and in despair.

     But Jesus left the fold for me. He put his loving arms around me. I’ll never forget that day! I’ll never be the same anymore! Do you remember the day the Lord saved your soul? 

     If not, do you believe Jesus suffered and died for you? Well, he did! He died for a crummy, dirty sinner like you and me. Oh, how he loves us! He would leave the flock to find lost sheep like us.

“What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.”

Luke 15:3-7 (KJV)

Comments

Follow Here

Most Popular

How to Start a Prayer Journal

My Prayer For My Senior Year

Translate