Skip to main content

My Book List

     Hey guys! For this post, I am going to be writing a list of my favorite books. Since we are under quarantine for God knows how long, I decided this could be helpful to the ones who are looking for clean, Christian books to read. So here we go!

Anne of Green Gables

     One of my most favorite series, since I was a child, is the Anne of Green Gables series. I was raised on watching these movies all the time on VHS. However, after I read the books I realized they are way better. 
     I read the books when I was 12, and ordered all the movies (1980s version) on DVD. I started a marathon last week because I enjoy Anne soooo much! You may know Anne through the Netflix show, Anne With An E, which is a disgrace to all the Anne of Green Gables fans. Nothing can beat the books or the 1980s version. Just saying. : )
     The book series goes to when Anne has grandchildren. The movies stop when she adopts a baby (Which never happens in the book, nor Gilbert fighting in WWI)

The first book as my absolute favorite.

Karen Kingsbury

     I LOVE Karen's books! She is my most favorite contemporary fiction author! My most favorite book of hers is The Chance. She deals with present-day struggles. 

Redemption is my most favorite book of the Baxter Family series.
It is soon to become a TV show very soon!!


The Chance is my most favorite book of all time!
Be prepared for tissues!


Tracie Peterson

     Tracie Peterson is one of my most favorite historical novelists. She always writes with suspense and mystery!

The series I am reading right now.
 It is very mysterious, and creepy in a way.


The first series I read of Tracie's. It takes place in the Civil War. This one makes you have an emotional roller coaster! It also has a lot of twists and turns!

Janette Oke

     Janette Oke novels have been around since the 80s. I have always admired her writing since I was very little. I have always loved watching the movies on Hallmark such as When Calls the Heart, Love Comes Softly, and When Hope Calls (Which is her upcoming novel). 
     I have always enjoyed the Love Comes Softly series, but I always stop after the third movie because they kill off characters that did not die in the books. Hallmark channel has made her novels into movies that kill husbands off. (Including Jack in When Calls The Heart.)

The first book into the Love Comes Softly series.
 It is very different, but better than the movie.

The ACTUAL When Calls The Heart. It is not portrayed right in the series.
This is about the real Elizabeth.

This is the book about Elizabeth in the show. It picks off in the pilot movie when Elizabeth and Edward are robbed by outlaws. Also, Jack does not die, so it is better.

Robbin Jones Gunn

     I love Robbin's books. I love her books Finding Father Christmas. My most favorite is the Christy Miller series. It goes from her high school years, college years, newlywed years, and to when she has children of her own. I found the books on clearance tow years ago, and I love them!! Todd and Katie are my favorite characters. 


Elizabeth George

     Elizabeth George is a woman who I strive to be. She has written many devotions and Bible commentaries for women. She is famous for the A Woman After God's Own Heart series. I am reading her devotions on Ruth and Judges now. When I was in middle school, us girls were given her book  Young Woman After God's Own Heart. I love that book, and I still read it. 


Karen Witemeyer

     I read my first Karen Witemeyer book on the way back from Tennessee on a family trip. I fell in love with Short Straw Bride as soon as I read the Prologue. It is one of my absolute favorites! I wish it was a movie, but I know it will never be as good as the book. I gave this to muy friends to borrow, and they loved it as well. 
     I even named my old puppy Archer for the book. I really want to get a girl dog so I can name her Meredith after the main character. My friends and I also made this a play just for fun. It is the absolute best book!

Closing

      Well, this is my book list. I hope y'all enjoyed this! Please be safe during this time, and I hope you and your families are doing well. Happy reading!

Your Sister In Christ,
Kayla R. <3

Comments

Follow Here

Most Popular

How to Start a Prayer Journal

My Prayer For My Senior Year

Translate