Skip to main content

God is Bigger than the Giants You Face

     We all have giants in our life that we are facing. Right now our country is facing the Corona Virus. It almost seems hopeless. Every day I hear of new cases and deaths. This morning, during my time with God, I started studying 1 Samuel 17. 1 Samuel 17 is the story of David and Goliath. As I began to read, I realized we are facing the same thing the Israelites faced.
     The Israelites were scared, hopeless, and were in despair. Just as we are. There was no way they could beat a ten-foot giant. They had little faith. They were to be the Philistines' servants.

"When Saul and all Israel heard those words of the Philistine, they were dismayed, and greatly afraid"
1 Samuel 17:11

     The only person who had any faith was David, and he was only a youth. My estimations of only 13-16 years old. David was the keeper of the sheep since he was the youngest. David felt lead to be the one to battle Goliath. Everyone was shocked and did not believe he could slay the giant. 
     King Saul gave David an armor for the battle, but he refused it. David was to use the armor of God. (Ephesians 6:10-18)  One verse that really stood out to be me was 1 Samuel 17:37. David responded in great faith.

"The Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the Lord be with thee."

     This verse stood out to me because it is the type of attitude we should have. We are to remember God's abundant grace and mercy. We are to put all of our faith in him. We are to walk by faith, and not by sight. (1 Corinthians 5:7) We may not see God's plan during these troubles, but we are to put our faith in him by submitting to his will. 
     David did not have the weapons we would use to fight Goliath. He refused the armor and weapons from Saul. He used five smooth stones and a slingshot. It did not seem like much, but David fully believed God was with him. David fought in the name of the Lord.

"Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
 This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hands."

      Faith is a big weapon. We are to have all the faith we can in God. 

"Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses."
1 Timothy 6:12

     With God, anything is possible. We are to put all our faith in him. Just as salvation is. We are saved by faith and not of works. (Ephesians 2:8-9) I pray for you all the time. I pray for your safety during this time. Let's not fear. The Lord is at hand. He's got this. Let's fight the good fight of faith!

Your Sister In Christ,
Kayla R. <3

Comments

Follow Here

Most Popular

How to Start a Prayer Journal

My Prayer For My Senior Year

Translate